Pages

Background

Friday, April 6, 2012

Quilt Advice Needed & Some Product Reviews!

Help...
I am totally stuck on this quilt.
I am not sure what I want to do with it.

I need some advice.

1. Should I end the columns with the scrappy row?

OR...

 With these scrappy half square triangles?


AND...
I am wanting to add applique flowers to the solid purple columns, but I am not sure which flowers to do. Should I make these circle style flowers?


Or...

these small vine-y flowers?

Or...

These Large Flowers?

I have this quilt up on my design wall and I am really wanting to finish it, but I am not sure what to do. I would like some suggestions.
I am wanting to make the flowers scrappy, but I want them to have a the same fabric for the centers and leaves. That way the flowers are all different, but they still have a common fabric tying them all toghether.

I ordered this TWISTER ruler this week.
I can not wait to try it out. I saw it demonstrated at the Mount Dora Quilt Show, but they sold out of them. I think that they will make some really cute Quilted Hugs Quilts!


ALSO....

I am getting ready to start this quilt.

Lisa and I started buying these blocks from Joann's about 2 or 3 years ago. Obviously they don't sell them anymore, so I will have to just use the ones that I have.
I love the colors. I can't wait to get started.
AND one really good thing about them is...

They are all PRE-CUT so this should be really enjoyable to sew.
I wont have to spend any time cutting fabric.

And... I bought these at the quilt show and I was not sure if they would work they way they were demonstrated.
But they DOOOOOO! THEY ARE AMAZING!!

I was shocked that they actually mark on the fabric, VERY Smoothly and then....
You iron the fabric and the ink disappears.

I LOVE THEM!
They come in multiple colors!
They are made by Pilot and called FRIXON Erasable Gel Pens.
They write & erase on paper, but who knew they had a hidden talent for quilters!?!?!

ANOTHER Must Have in my Sewing Room has been....

Swan Creek Candle's
They are Soy candles and they are so fragrant.

I love the way the burn so clean and they smell so WONDERFUL!
I went with Lisa S. and bought a several Spring Scents from their Outlet store in Downtown Leesburg.
I am in LOVE!!

I pray that everyone has a HAPPY EASTER!!
Hugs,
Lisa

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I say one scrappy border with rectangles and then the scrappy triangle border and then one more solid border before the binding. And, big flowers. :0) Just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Finish with the funky triangles and appliqué the circle flowers…it’s all sorts of funky geometric shapes together, but I think it will work J.

Lisa said...

I think you should use the circle flowers (first pic) and with those end with the #1 border. I LOVE this idea! You always inspire me!! ;)