Pages

Background

Monday, April 23, 2012

Field Trip to the Theater ~ The Boxcar Children

Sissy and I got to go see a play at the Orlando Rep Theater last week!
We went to see "The Boxcar Children"!

We went with our homeschool group.
Here are a few of them - The Patterson Family!
I really liked the display of rain barrels that they had in the theater.

They were all hand painted.


Sissy found a piano! She is so cute!

Here is Alyssa and her friend Grace.They used to play softball together. I like Grace's family. They are good Godly people.

The Stage!

After the show, Sissy and I went and got Chic-Fil-A.
We went to Mead Garden to eat together!

I really love spending one on one time with my kids. Some people ask me if I spend too much time with my kids. Quality is much different than Quantity. I don't think it is possible to spend too much time. We only have them for a little while!
When we are homeschooling, it sometime seems like we are spending quantity not quality. We are focused on the lessons, not on each other. I like one on one time when I can hear my kids thoughts, dreams, goals, and listen to their HEARTS!



We had a lunch guest....

This little squirrel came right up to the table and stole a fry off the seat! LOL

Yes, I put the fry there to see if he would take it!

Alyssa said I shouldn't take pictures of her while she is eating her food. I wonder why she feels that way?? LOL

Isn't this place pretty?
I am so blessed!

Hugs,
Lisa

4 comments:

Catskill Quilter said...

The Boxcar Children was my favorite book growing up. I think the kids' ingenuity sparked my interest in making and recycling at an early age. Thanks for the pics of the rain barrels -- loved seeing them!

Tiffany said...

Thank you for liking my family. :0) Your lunch date sounds fun and I totally agree that there is no substitute for quality time. I definitely have quantity time with my kids but it's very different when I get time with just one of them alone doing something that is NOT school.

dettonlisas@gmail.com said...

The Boxcar Children is a great series. Tiffany it must be hard to spend one on one time with your kids when you have 3!

Heidi said...

I LOVE Chick fil-a!!! We don't have one up here and I miss it terribly. So do my children. Great lunch picnic!