Pages

Background

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... The Sun is shining and I am looking at my rose garden. I cut back the bushes yesterday and so they look all neat and orderly.

I am thinking... I am blessed to have a Father who loves me and supports me. I am also blessed to have a hubby who is a blessing to our children. I love the men in my life.

I am thankful... For quiet mornings and quilting magazines.

In the kitchen... The box of donuts is missing two... I wonder if anyone will notice?

I am wearing... My comfy clothes.

I am creating... A scrap quilt of of my "strings" of left over fabric. I found the pattern here at Quiltville.

I am going... to stay home today. Next week is our "Staycation", so we will be going all over.

I am wondering... When will my kids wake up?

I am reading... A Time to Heal, another Amish Quilting book, #2 in this series. There is not enough about quilting in this one.

I am hoping... to pin two quilts today... we will see.

I am looking forward to... Our STAYCATION this week

I am learning... that pressing blocks is an art form. I tend to iron a block and I need to be simply pressing it. The blocks are easier to work with when they are pressed. (This is a quilters thing I think.)

Around the house... The kids are sleeping and I am sitting at the kitchen table with my coffee, computer (catching up on quilt blogs), and my quilting magazines.

I am pondering... How do I get my hedges to grow taller, faster?

A favorite quote for today... "I want quilts to be functional, washed, used-not untouchable." by Malka Dubrawsky. I AGREE 100%

One of my favorite things... My laptop. I love that it is blue and it knows me and fits me so well. I just wish my jeans fit this good. LOL

A few plans for the rest of the week: Well, this week is our "Staycation". We decided to STAY in Florida this summer. No traveling to Italy, or Mexico, or South Carolina, etc. We are STAYING HOME and enjoying all that Florida has to offer. We are going to sleep in our own beds EVERY NIGHT!! We will be tourist in Florida. We are going to the beach, Kennedy Space Center, Disney's Animal Kingdom, we will be enjoying our community pool, and we will be playing board games & cards AND MOST OF ALL SPENDING TIME AS A FAMILY!! This week there will be NO friends over and NO long hours on the computer or watching TV! I can't wait! 

A peek into my day...



Jasmine loves to hunt lizards on the porch. She is too good at it and I am constantly cleaning up her offerings. :)










Hugs, 
Lisa 

2 comments:

allisamazing said...

I LOVE staycations! Hope yours is fabulous :)

Beloved said...

I wish I were closer! I am a stay at home Mom and love to quilt too. Working on my son's postage stamp/trip around the world combo. . . Thanks for the post!
Katrina