Pages

Background

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Process of My Cow Quilt


OK.... let me start by saying I am not sure what I was thinking. 
LOL

Someone gave me a stack of pre-cut cows to use for quilting. 
These have been sitting in my sewing room for over 2 years. 
Every time I am looking through my stash I find the cows and wonder "What in the world am I going to do with these?"

I HATE to throw out fabric, so I would look at them and then put them back in the fabric stash. 
Well, while working on my Quilted Hugs Project I decided to use the cows. 
I pulled them out and refused to put them back. 
I MUST FIND A USE FOR THESE!!

This is what I came up with...

I decided to make a quilt with the cows grazing. 
Before I added the scrappy half-square triangles the grass didn't look right. 

I was trying to figure out how to use up my scraps and I had both the green and blue strips already cut, so... I added them to either side. 

Now when I quilt this I will add tails to the cows, clouds in the sky, and texture in the grass. 
I am glad they were finally used. 
&&& 
It added another quilt top to my Quilted Hugs Project! 
I will need to count my quilts this week to see how many I have finished and how many more I need to make! 

Hugs, 
Lisa 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

absolutey LOVE the scrappy HST's! It makes this quilt top!!