Pages

Background

Monday, June 25, 2012

Sewing Saturday

When I get to stay at home on a Saturday and Sew, I feel like I have just won the lottery! 
Now to some that might feel a little exaggerated, but not for me. 
In this busy, rush, rush era that we all live in, it seems that there is hardly ever a day of "rest"!
Sunday is supposed to be that day, but it often seems that Sunday is an "extra" day, not a rest day. 
When I say an extra day, I mean a day to play catch-up on work, chores, or shopping. 
So, when I get a sewing Saturday I feel blessed. 

Thankfully, I used my time wisely and got a lot accomplished.
I made binding for 5 quilts.Here is one waiting to be sewn on. 

I attached a few bindings, but I didn't finish them yet. I will hopefully accomplish that before the weekend is over.

Here is one binding being sewn on.It took a lot of time to cut scraps into usable binding strips and then sew them all together. 
It doesn't sound like a lot of work, but you can't just sew the strips end to end. For binding they have to be sewn on at a diagonal to avoid so many layers of fabric going under the needle at once. 

I also pulled out some quilts that were recently pinned.
I set these two quilts next to the ironing board in order to inspire me to sew the edges. These were pinned envelope style and so the next step is sewing around the border of the quilt.
I was sooooo pleased that I completed this quilt top. I really like how it turned out. 

This is my summer applique quilt that I finished last week, but forgot to catch a picture of.
I really LOVE it. I do think I  need to add another border. 
I just haven't decided what color fabric to use for it. 

Hugs, 
Lisa

No comments: