Pages

Background

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sewing Time Snacks and More...

For some strange reason whenever I am sewing I seem to get hungry.

I am not sure if this is just me or do you experience it too??
I always bring water up to my sewing room, and I often bring hot tea or sweet tea as well. 
Sew... when these snack-y fits hit in the past I would grab junk, but over the last few months I have wizened up and I have kept "better" snacks in my sewing room. 
By keeping this smarter choices close by I have not been eating the other higher calorie snacks.

This is what I keep on hand.
What about you?
Do you have that "must have" snack hidden in your sewing room?
(I have kids who will eat my 100 calorie snacks if I don't hide them.)

I also keep a pack of gum on hand. I LOVE to chew gum, it helps me not eat when I am restless.
If I am stuck on a design or color choice, I tend to stop and grab a snack to clear my head and then I come back to re-address the problem.
Gum or yogurt are my non-chocolate snacks of choice. (I know gum isn't really a food, but my "I want food" side of my brain doesn't know that!)

OK, enough about snacks....LOOK what I won!!
I enter giveaways all the time and I finally won something.
This looks like a really fun pattern. 
I can't wait to try it out! 

I have an idea to make a cork board out of wine bottle corks.
My only problem is that we don't drink enough wine!! 
I have been saving corks for 3 years and I only have 25. This even includes Christmas when my whole family was over and drank 4-5 bottles in one day!

This is my pile so far! Maybe in a few years I will have enough to make an 8x10 cork board. 
LOL

Hugs, 
Lisa 

No comments: