Pages

Background

Monday, February 27, 2012

Murals at Teotihuacan, Mexico Part 1

The Murals tell the story of the history of the indians that built these pyramids, temples, altars, and city.

It was hard for me to fathom that we were able to walk through the original palace and see the murals still on the walls. They were on the original walls, outside & inside, of the temple. They were uncovered and exposed to the elements.



We were able to walk right up to them.


The colors amazed me.  The carving in the stone amazed me.



These are birds.

Please notice the stone carving in the corner.

What were they trying to say?




Were they just to decorate the temple and palaces?


  
Who were the murals for?



I found this information interesting.
I could not stop there. I had to keep reading.
If you want to learn more go here.

We were facinated by them.
Luckily my Dad bought a book (In English) about the city and it showed us where to go to see even more murals!!! So we jumped in the car and headed there.....




No comments: