Pages

Background

Friday, April 24, 2015

Inside the Capitol Building Part 2

I love all of these paintings and statues. 

This is around the top of the Rotunda.

It tells the story of the early Americas.


This is a movement box.It measures any shifts, quakes, or tremors. I thought it was a great addition to protect our national treasures.




This is one of my Favorite statues.



Very impressive!


I love that anywhere your head turns there are unexpected details.The chandeliers are amazing.

I did not expect to see the office of the Speaker of the House here.I thought the offices were in a different part of the building. It hard to think of the Capitol as a working building and not a museum.

Check out this chandelier and molding.
We left the Rotunda and went to the part of the building where the original Congress met.
If will have those pictures for tomorrow.
Hugs, 
Lisa 

No comments: