Pages

Background

Sunday, March 16, 2014

New Years trip to Virginia!!

The week after Christmas Detto and I headed up to Lynchburg, Virginia!! 
He needed to take his first Intensive Class for his Doctorate degree. 

This is the view from our hotel room!

We had a beautiful view of Liberty University in the foreground, the city, and then the Mountains in the Background!!! 

So, pretty! 

I brought my sewing machine and a project that I have been wanting to get to for 4 years!! 
This fabric is from a Jim Shore line of fabric that I fell in love with!! 

I decided to make "Log Cabin" Blocks to set off the Angel blocks that originally inspired me! 

Look at the view during sunset!! WOW!! 


Every few minutes more lights came on.I was so pretty.

Detto was in class all day, and then came back to the room in the evenings and studied! 

I am so proud of all he is accomplishing! 

I love the way these blocks turned out! 

The view in the morning sun!

This campus is really pretty!


I finished the blocks!  

Trying out settings for the quilt.



I love the sashing that I chose! 

They said that it might snow!! But we got lots of sleet and rain!

We had some snow at night, but I couldn't get any pictures of it! Too dark! 
The campus at Liberty is very "traditional" college feeling! I really liked it. 

Very elegant! 

I took soooo many pictures, I will be posting more tomorrow! 


No comments: