Pages

Background

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring is HERE and so are Strawberry Shortcake's



WOW, I love strawberries!!




Last week we went with some other homeschoolers and picked organic / hydroponic strawberries in Plant City, Fl!! It was tons of fun (I forgot my camera, sorry no pics!) My kids and I picked over 25 lbs. of strawberries and over 5 lbs. of other hydroponic veggies!! This place was great! They had lettuce, bell peppers, cucumbers, green beans, etc. It was the best U-Pick I have ever gone to. There was no bending or squatting, everything was reach out and pick it!! The other great thing was the more you pick the cheaper it is! We only paid $1 per lb. of food!! I was in shock!!

We had a blast! The kids loved that we went with other homeschoolers!! It was well worth the drive!
So all of those strawberries means I have to figure out what to do with all of them. I made two batches of strawberry jam and we have been eating summer salads (w/ strawberries and nuts, YUMMY)!! Now I still have strawberries... what to do?? what to do??
Make Strawberry Shortcake of course!!



It has been cold this week and today it really warmed up, so....
I called the kids inside from playing and had a super special surprise for them....




STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE W/ WHIP CREAM!! YUMMY TO MY TUMMY!!




It was so good I had to share with all! I remember my Mom making us strawberry shortcake and it was so yummy! Sometime we would have it with ice cream on top and sometimes Whip Cream!! I love it either way!!




The kids scarfed it down! It was all gone within minutes and Alyssa even started licking her plate!!


I took the shortcake and piled strawberries on top and then covered them with homemade strawberry syrup!! We topped all of that off with FLUFFY WHIP CREAM!
(Did you guess that I am a whip cream addict?)




It was so yummy! I think that everyone must make this for their little ones!! You are under my mind control power ~~~ Make Strawberry Shortcake for your Family TONIGHT!!
(kids, your welcome! If it didn't work ~ at least I tried!)
Well, I hope that you are as happy as I am the Spring is finally here and I plan on enjoying all of the SWEET benefits!!
Have a Blessed Day!! And EAT SOME STRAWBERRIES!!

1 comment:

dettonlisas@gmail.com said...

The hydroponic farm we went to is called Parke HydroFarms 3715 Tanner Road, Dover, FL 33527. Phone: 813-927-4049. Email us at: gparke@tampabay.rr.com
Go and check it out!!