Pages

Background

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Canning Strawberry Jam

Well I decided to show you how I make Strawberry Jam!

It is really quite fun and suprisingly easy!
I am bummed that I have to do it without my trusty canning buddy-Lisa.
She moved to Nevada, but I know that she will be glad to see that I am still at it!!


The steps are quite simple:
1. You cut up the strawberries and remove the husk.












2. You boil your jars and lids!


3. You boil the strawberries and add the sugar and Ball powdered Pectin.
















4. Ladle hot jam into hot jars. Make sure you leave 1/4 inch headspace.












5. Add two-piece cap.

6. Place the jar into boiling water canner.










7. Boil for 10 min!!





8. Remove from water and listen for the "Pop"!!



1 comment:

Lisa said...

sniff, sniff....I miss you!