Pages

Background

Monday, May 11, 2009

New Projects

I am so excited about my projects this week! I am excited about so many things!
I will be working on my Round Robin block and finishing my BOM Blocks!
It was hard to decide what block I would pick for the Round Robin, but after lots of searching I decided to make a Pieced Tulip Block: http://http://carterquilter.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/scrappy-spring-tulips-baby-quilt1.pdf
I like blocks that have cutting instructions. I tried to piece a block with templates and that was a disaster. I guess I need more practice!
Here are the projects that I finished most recently! This one was a Mothers Day gift for my Mom:


This was a Gift for me:

And I made this dress at Alyssa's insistence:
She wanted us to have matching dresses!! I made her a dress a few weeks ago? or last week? I don't remember when, but she said we have to be "Matching"!! I love her innocent mind!
Last night we had a Mother's Day cookout. We had a great time. Ora came over and Marge and her gang ended up coming too. Margarita's husband David was preaching at a church in Tampa last night so she was home alone (well, she had her kids with her!). We actually had a wonderful evening we sat out on the back porch and talked until 11pm. The kids were too cute. They kept coming out and saying "Is there anything I can get for you?" or "How are we all doing?" The boys kept our tea full, brought us 2nd's, and even took our plates away. They checked on us about every 15 - 20 minutes. We had a wonderful conversation. We talked about what God is doing in the world and what God is going to do.
It was great to encourage each other. We talked about this:
As Christians we don't have to be concerned with the Recession. God is our source and strength. He said that He would give us the desires of our heart - if our heart is in His will, the growth of His kingdom, saving the lost, etc. He will give us our desires. Jobs have never been our source - He has been our source. Job or no job. House or no house. Money or no money. None of it matters - He will provide. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. Psalms 37:25
We are so blessed and we are not focusing on it because of the present recession. We are still one of the richest countries in the world. We still have more than most. We still have the important things -religious freedoms!! I know that in Matthew 5:45 it says: That you may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Margarita shared Isaiah 44:3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring: This is a promise. He will pour out his Spirit on us. We will be fine! We will not thirst! He will Provide!!
I hope you are as encouraged as I am by this.

No comments: