Pages

Background

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sewing Advice!! Too Cute!!

Advice from a 1949 Singer Sewing Manual
Prepare yourself mentally for sewing. Think about what you are going to do. Never approach sewing with a sigh or lackadaisically. Good results are difficult when indifference predominates.

Never try to sew with a sink full of dirty dishes or beds unmade. When there are urgent housekeeping chores, do these first so your mind is free to enjoy your sewing.

When you sew, make yourself as attractive as possible. Put on a clean dress. Keep a little bag full of French chalk near your sewing machine to dust your fingers at intervals. Have your hair in order, powder and lipstick put on.

If you are constantly fearful that a visitor will drop in or your husband will come home and you will not look neatly put together, you will not enjoy your sewing as you should."
 
I just thought this was too cute!! I'm not an example of this... I have a tea cup in the sink, I have on my p.j.'s, and my hair is in a ponytail, Also... All the make-up is gone for the day!! Sorry!! I think things have changed!!

I had to add this picture! I'm not sure if I ever posted a picture of this quilt!! This is the First Quilt I ever Made!! This is all of Alyssa's Baby Clothes and two of her recieving blankets!! I love looking at it and remembering all of her little outfits!! They were all so cute!!

1 comment:

Sandy Panagos said...

This is just too funny! I read it aloud to my husband (no -- I did not have my powder and lipstick on!) He laughed as hard as I did!! Thanks for posting this!