Pages

Background

Friday, January 8, 2010

Making a short sleeve shirt into a Long sleeve shirt!!

I have been inspired lately by a blog that I follow!! This woman can make anything it seems!! Well, I had an idea about adding sleeves to one of Alyssa's favorite shirts.... I searched the internet and couldn't find a tutorial anywhere... So I decided to just make it up as I go!! I took one of Alyssa old turtle-neck shirts that she didn't fit in anymore and This is what I did!!!

The shirt on the Left is her shirt that she LOVES!!
The one on the right is too small!!

I cut the sleeves off and I cut a few inches off of the bottom of the shirt!! I love that I dont have to hem anything!!

I just pinned the sleeve's onto the t-shirt and sewed it on!! I did the same thing with the bottom strip. I think it pulled together the sleeves!!

She loves it!! Now she can wear her shirt for a little longer! It probably wont fit her by the summer so we will get the most out of it! It was already getting a little short (She's really tall), so this helped to lengthen the shirt!! I dont think anyone would even know it was a great re-purposing project!!

No comments: