Pages

Background

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Sewing Day




FOR TODAY

Outside my window... Storm clouds are teasing me.

I am thinking... I want to make a skirt, but I'm not sure which one I want to make.

I am thankful... For my Sewing machines!

In the kitchen... I taught Alyssa how to make meatloaf today. It's in the oven!

I am wearing... My comfy clothes!!

I am creating... LOTS! I got a GREAT deal on some interfacing at a thrift store yesterday ($.50), so I started working on a t-shirt quilt for someone special!

I am going... To try and stay home as long as possible today. Hopefully, I wont have to leave at all!

I am wondering... What Detto doing right now??

I am reading... A time to Love! I am almost done with it! 

I am hoping... To finish sewing the binding onto the purple and green quilt today. I keep stopping to work on other projects like mending, and blocks.

I am looking forward to... volunteering at the church thrift store tomorrow with Alyssa.

I am learning... English Literature in college and I'm learning how to sew clothes without a pattern.

Around the house... Sissy is singing!

I am pondering... What should I use as the focus fabric for my nine patches. 

A favorite quote for today... "If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your wife told you."

One of my favorite things... Fabric. I am in love with the feel of fabric.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Volunteering at the church Thrift Store, driving my kids around, dropping off some of my clothes at the consignment shop.

A peek into my day...




No comments: