Pages

Background

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Weekend Part 2

Here is a quick look at the Pinewood Estate that we toured. The website says: Explore Pinewood Estate’s beautiful gardens and 20 room Mediterranean-style mansion built in the early 1930s. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it is considered one of the finest examples of Mediterranean-style architecture in Florida. From time to time, special musical performances are featured at Pinewood Estate.
It was VERY neat. I loved all of the different doors and each room had different tiles on the floors and the walls!
This is the front entrance. Isn't that tile awesome?


The Breakfast room


Entry Bath. Again, I love the tile.



Dining Room

Foyer

The Owners office, it had the only phone in the house and the only room with wood floors. They said the owner wanted wood floors so that radio would sound better in that room.

Living room


Ball Room

Family Room

One of the Porches!

One of the bedrooms. This one seemed to me to have the best light!

Another cool door

This picture shows some of the different tile on the floors and the walls, and I love the door.

THEN WE WENT OUTSIDE..


The courtyard

The fruit garden

I loved this pond


I thought this looked like the kids had hats on. I have never seen orange trees rounded like this.




I loved this door.
Everything was so pretty. I would really recomend if you live in Florida you take the time to enjoy this place.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Alyssa is rowing up, Lis! :(
The tower is amazing! Thanks for sharing!!