Pages

Background

Friday, July 9, 2010

Shop Hop, Quilts and Process Update!

Today was the first day of our LQS (Local Quilt Shops) Shop Hop!!
This is the first one that Lisa and I have gone on together!! Yeah!

This is us at the Leesburg Store!!
We bought these great earing at the Leesburg Store!!
They are mini Rotary cutters that say "Quilter" on the handle!!

This is Me and Lisa in the Apopka Store!! One of our FAVORITE QUILT SHOPS!!
The kids like this store too!! They bring their books and play in the corner while Lisa and I shop!!

Stephen didn't want to come with us to this shop... Hmmmm I wonder why??
Alyssa and Kyle were pretending they were secret agents and this was their serious faces!! They were Crackin' me and the Employee's UP!! I was LOVIN' it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ More Updates ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is Jasmine trying to help me pin this Downy Quilts for Kids Quilt! I set it out so that I HAD to finish it!
I did pin it today. This is the one that Alyssa's Star's group was working on. I am just finishing it and quilting it for them. 
Last night I went over to Lisa's House to Sew for awhile...
We decided to cut blocks for our next QAL
I dont know why it took me SOOOOOO long, but I only got 7 1/2 out of 13 blocks cut!!
This is going to be a really cute quilt! We are using - Crazy Mom Quilts Star Quilt A Long! I cant wait to get started.... but first I have to finish Cutting my blocks!!

Here is my UPDATE on my Postage Stamp Quilt!! I cant believe how big it is!! It takes up Most of my design wall! I only need 4 more Big Blocks and I can start adding the borders! I spent over an hour at my LQS trying to figure out what kind of border I should do with this quilt! I think I might stick with something Light like a Tone on Tone, or Maybe a Solid Red, Or maybe a 1 1/4" Black Border and then a 3 1/2" Blue border, or maybe a 1" Cream & a 3" Blue Border. I need something to set this Busyness off. These are ALL 1 1/2 Inch finished pieces!! I LOVE THE WAY IT LOOKS UP CLOSE!!

No comments: