Pages

Background

Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Blue Heaven Is finished!!

I cannot believe that I have finally finished my quilt!! I mean FINISHED! Basted, quilted, and binding!! Yeah!! "My Blue Heaven" is completed!!

The kids went to Noni & Popi's house Thursday until today and ALL I did was quilt! It took me 2 days to machine quilt this monster. I quilted Thursday night and worked on it all day Friday! I only had to finish the binding today! I was so anxious to get it done that I machine stitched the binding down with a really cute decorative stitch!!

Here it is on the bed!!


I cant believe that it is done! I am so happy. I love it! It was such a fight to quilt a king size quilt on my little machine.
This is the quilt rolled in my machine. I bought the machine with the extra space for rolling quilts and there still wasn't enough room!!
This is proof that I did it myself!!


This is some of the quilting detail on the border!!

Today Detto and I went to a quilt shop in Downtown Leesburg and talked to a woman about getting a Long arm or a Short arm sewing / quilting machine!! He said that I will be able to get one... Just not today!! He sees why I need one, but paying for it is another conversation! I will have to start saving my pennies!!
I also finished my Block of the Month blocks from Cafe Mom Quilting Moms!! I am so glad. Here are my last two blocks. I am not sure how I am going to finish this quilt. Should I use sashing or just sew the blocks together? What border should I use? I have to lay out the blocks and really look at all of my options. I wonder what the other Mom's are doing?

Detto and I really enjoyed our time together w/o the kids. We both always miss them so much when they are gone!! Last night we went out to dinner in the Villages. We went to RJ Gators and sat outside. The view is so pretty, you look at a pier and a nice lake. They have little boats anchored in the lake. We watched the sun set. SOOO romantic. Then we sat and watched the band play in the square. Of course, he knew the Saxophone player and so we went out for ice cream with him and his wife!! It was actually really nice!!
Overall! I Great weekend. I love the way it feels when I complete a project! I love it More when it is a project for me!! hahaha
And thank you to everyone who has been leaving me comments. It is nice to know that you enjoy reading my posts!!

2 comments:

BeckyJoie said...

How adorable!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lisa I love your work!!