Pages

Background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Trieste, Italy ~ Part 1 - Week 7

The kids and I went on a "real Italian adventure"! We hopped on a train to a place that we have never been, we didn't have a map, we don't speak the language, and we had NO IDEA what was in store for us at the other end of the line... but we went to TRIESTE!!
I brought a guide book with me from 1997, so that was all I had to tell me where to go or what to do. I figured... Italy doesn't really change... the buildings are older than the USA, so are the streets we will be fine!
It sure was an interesting adventure!


We were trying to find Piazza Oberdan, but instead we found Piazza del' Unita d'Italia!
The statues here were incredible!

 And so we set off on to find Piazza Oberdan....
This is what we found along the way....

 We stumbled upon an outdoor market/festival! They had all kinds of food products for sale.
Spices

Cheese
Focaccia Bread Yummy

This is the Grand Canal in Trieste!

We had to try some!
I will post more pictures soon of the rest of our adventures in Trieste!
This city was sooo beautiful!




No comments: