Pages

Background

Monday, March 14, 2011

Just One Star Can Comfort a Soldier - Challenge

just one star can comfort a solider.

i've joined moda in their challange.
a challenge that is close to my heart.

moda's challenge is to piece, quilt & bind 100 quilts in 100 days for soliders.
and they need 1800 star blocks to reach this goal.

what does this have to do with you?!?!
well yall can help make these quilts come to life.

here's what you do...
make a star block.
sign it.
send it to moda.
thats simple right?
{fabric requirements, block pattern & mailing address HERE.}

it takes just a few minutes to whip up this star block.
a few minutes & a few scraps to make a serviceman smile.

the semper fi fund will help coordinate the donations of the 100 quilts.
it's such a great organization...and i'm not just saying that.
go read what they do.
it really touches the heart.

most of yall know that my hubby is in the Army.
i am so proud of all of our soldiers.

we can make a difference.


so who's with me?!?!
who's gonna make just one star for our boys?!?!
you?!?! your quilt guild?!?! a gal down the street that you're teaching to quilt?!?!

here's my challenge on top of moda's challenge...let's jump start just one star!!!let's see how many of yall can make your block THIS WEEK!!!

make your block, take a pic & send it to me. {via email)
lets do this by next monday.
March 21st!

lets see what a difference we can make.
if you are a local and want to save on shipping let me know and I will pay to send all of the blocks together!
lets get sewing...

2 comments:

Hand Quilting Nana said...

I sent two blocks yesterday. One red and one blue. I would have sent you a pic but don't have your email.

Thanks for reminding people about this project.

Linda
nana947@hotmail.com

dettonlisas@gmail.com said...

lisa_mongiovi@yahoo.com
I would love to see your blocks!!