Pages

Background

Friday, February 19, 2010

Mount Dora Art Festival, Valentines Day, and Quilts!


It has been a few days since I have posted on here! I have been really busy lately with Detto home and surgery! My 3rd surgery went good. I'm glad that I only have one left! Yippy!
Things have been crazy, but sewing is my stress reliever and so I make a point to sew Something every day! Even if its just a few of my postage stamp blocks!
I am currently working on a few projects...
This is how far I am on my Rag Rug!
I am making scrap quilts for Haiti!
I am finishing up my quilt tops for Downey quilts for kids!
I am finishing up my UFO BOM 2009! AND....
I am adding the final touches to my Shabby Chic Quilt that I started in Spring of 2009! I thought it was done until I threw it on the bed to measure it! Then I realized that it wasnt long enough! I needed to add a total of 20 inches to the quilt top and to the quilt backing! UGH!! I had to dig through my stash and find the scraps from this project!! (Thank you Lord I didnt use them for something else!) I was able to add a couple of scrappy borders to finish this off! I have finished the top, but I have 4 more borders to add to the back and then I will had it over to have it quilted!! I have decided to pay a professional to have it quilted on a longarm!! I am so excited about this. I have been saving my pennies and I FINALLY have enough!!

Here are some pictures that we took at the Mount Dora Art Festival! We didnt stay very long it was too cold... The kids and I loved looking at all of the art! I was surprised that I didnt see one single quilt booth! I had the kids on the lookout for Fabric ART! We found a few purses and knitted scarves, but we were disapointed... Well, I was disapointed! For all I know there could have been a booth hiding somewhere that had quilts, but I never found them and noone knew of any! Oh Well!!

Alyssa's favorite "Fairy House"!

I have asked some of my fellow quilters to donate fabric for my scrap quilts and I have been overwhelmed by their generosity! I will be able to whip out some REALLY pretty quilts! YEAH!!

Here is one of the blocks that I have gotten from my fellow swappers!! I think I might change my theme to Pink and Brown OR Pink and Green!
Here is one that I have made recently...

I just added the sashing and border on this round robin!
I made this pillow case for my car pillow... I was sick of plain white!

Detto and I had a really nice Valentine's Day! We went to a Cuban Cafe in Downtown Mount Dora! The food was AMAZING!! It was so nice having Detto home for Valentine's Day! I am glad that he is here! We have been getting so much accomplished. He has been hanging fans, fixing computers, and just working on my "Honey Do" list! It's great!! I'm lovin' it!!
Today he is off looking for a job. He has applied for dozens of jobs online, we'll see what comes up! I'm not worried too much... When he puts his mind to something there is really no stopping him. I am amazed at the changes in him. He has decided that he doesnt want to sit behind a desk anymore, so I am being suportive of this change! I dont care if he decides to drive a garbage truck, as long as he is happy... I will be happy!! I am just glad he is HOME!!

1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Looks like you've been busy. Glad the surgery went well. You have the right attitude about your husband's job. We just want those we love to be happy. Take care.